Sitecore is one of the newer and more powerful Content Management System (CMS) platforms built on the Microsoft ASP.Net and seeks to change the user interactions by personalising content served to each website visitor. The platform is more focused towards enterprise solutions, corporate intranets and businesses that will benefit from marketing automation software for continuous improvement to their user experience. There over 32,000 of the world’s leading websites running on the Sitecore CMS platform, as it offers you total flexibility, enterprise-grade capabilities and unparalleled ease of use!
Similar to many ASP.Net platforms Sitecore CMS is built around a layer of Sitecore modules which allows for flexible development processes as they are optional and can be matched to your requirements by a web development partner like Next Digital. But some of the more popular Sitecore modules utilised are:
- SiteCore Sharepoint Connector Module
- SiteCore Web Forms for Marketers Module
- SiteCore Search Optimisation Module
- SiteCore Newsletter Module
The platform has been designed to suit single shared server installations upto the mutli-server enterprise eCommerece solutions that serve millions of visitors per day. Sitecore CMS pricing has been built with a flexible size based model with 4 key pricing levels: primary, professional, enterprise and site license. Sitecore CMS pricing is best discussed with an appropriate Sitecore partner such as Next Digital but typically the price is based on number of Sitecore Sever installations and number of simultaneous users required to be logged in your site such as content editors, designers and developers. The benefit of using a web platform like Sitecore is that unlike many other enterprise CMS platforms there is no extra cost for content items, number of URLs used or number of website visitors which allows costs to be budgeted for in advance.
Sitecore CMS Pricing
- Number of Servers: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,20,Unlimited
- Number of Concurrent Users: 1-3,4-20,10-30
There are two primary solutions that can be priced as an add-on to your core Sitecore pricing quote but the cost depends upon the number of distrubuted websites that are installed or the number of employees that will use the Intranet. Sitecore Foundry is built for organisations that have hundreds or even thousands of affiliated websites but need the simplicity and quick results for remote site editors but need to retain centralised controls of their web communication, brand strategies and unified theme. Sitecore Intranet Portal is for companies that need just a ready-to-run Intranet platform but has to be built on a enterprise platform but still satisfies end users.
Sitecore Digital Marketing Suite
One of the benefits of Sitecore DMS is that it takes what you discovered in your search optimisation research phase and allows you to have all your offline and online marketing channels working together to drive more traffic and better quality traffic to your website. The main parts to the marketing suite are: visitor experience analytics, real-time site personalisation, sales team enablement and real ROI on your campaigns. You should be speaking with a Sitecore digital analytics specialist on how you can integrate Sitecore DMS into your online marketing campaigns.
Sitecore DMS Platform Offers Business
- engagement analytics
- email marketing integration
- engagement automation
- sales intelligence
Sitecore analytics is ready to deliver much of it’s functionality out-of-the-box unlike Google Analytics or Omniture. Like a number of web analytics platforms Sitecore uses 1st party cookies and not 3rd party cookies to track visitors but while it is able to offer server-side monitoring it is unable to offer client-side monitoring.
Some of the built in features unique to Sitecore include:
- A unified platform (with marketing tools & CMS)
- real-time personalisation driven be analytics
- server side monitoring
- granular multi-variate testing
- real-time analytics
Some of the built in reports unique to Sitecore include:
- site search
- visitor session details
- navigation analysis
- path analysis
- lead scoring
- visitor session profiling
- user experience reports
- pages with user reported errors
- lead identification by DNS
These pre-built Sitecore extensions allow your site to meet additional functional requirements and are designed to integrate with your Sitecore CMS platform.
Solution Accelerators Feature Set
- eCommerce Functionality
- Foundry “Multi-site Solution”
- Intranet Portal
Leading Sitecore Project & Website Examples
Sitecore’s Australian & New Zealand Site of the Year 2010
- Best Sitecore website 2010: Blackmores
- Best Sitecore Electronics website: Canon Australia
- Best Sitecore Best Government website: Invercargill City Council (NZ)
- Best Sitecore E-Commerce website: Clive Peeters Group
Sitecore’s British Site of the Year 2010
- Best Sitecore website 2010: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Best Sitecore Entertainment, Leisure and Travel website: Birmingham Airport
- Best Sitecore Government, Public Services website: Dept for Business, Innovation, & Skills
- Best Sitecore Retail, Wholesale, and Consumer Goods website: Britvic
- Best Sitecore Professional, Business, Personal Services Site (TIE): G4S
- Best Sitecore Professional, Business, Personal Services Site (TIE): Totaljobs
- Best Sitecore Entertainment, Media, Advertising website: I.B. Tauris
- Best Sitecore Not for Profit website: International Business Leaders Forum
- Best Sitecore Healthcare & Medical website: NHS Direct
Sitecore’s North American Site of the Year 2010
- Best Sitecore Website 2010: CA Technologys
- Best Sitecore Association/Non-Profit website: Entrepreneurship
- Best Sitecore Biotechnology website: STEMCELL Technologies Inc
- Best Sitecore Careers or Recruitment website: SAP Careers
- Best Sitecore Consumer Goods website: BARE
- Best Sitecore Education website: Brooklyn Law School
- Best Sitecore Food website: Tyson Foods Inc .
- Best Sitecore Government website: Office of Naval Research
- Best Sitecore Healthcare website: HealthSouth
- Best Sitecore Legal website: Goodwin Procter LLP
- Best Sitecore Mobile website: Brookings Institution
- Best Sitecore Museum/Arts website: Cleveland Museum of Art
- Best Sitecore Performance or Entertainment website: Cirque du Soleil
- Best Sitecore Sports website: LebronJames.com
- Best Sitecore Utilities website: Cobb EMC
Sitecore Social Media Links
Sitecore Webdesign Partners
The Lost Agency is not a Sitecore webdesign or asp.net web development firm so we have partnered with Australia’s leading SiteCore partner who we recommended as we have found them to be excellent at what they do. Next Digital is our selected partner as they build their Sitecore developments so they are SEO friendly and employ a dedicated inhouse marketing team. We have detailed some of the background about this web design partner below and if you have any questions please contact their team via their website.
Next Digital is one of Asia/Pacific’s leading digital agencies with over 200 digital media and marketing specialists who work from offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai. Their team brings together the creativity, technical excellence and business sense needed to provide the digital horsepower behind many of Australia’s best known companies and brands including Crown, CSIRO, Wine Australia, Melbourne Cricket Groud, IP Australia, Ford, Qantas, Transurban, Office-Max, Bonds, Tourism Victoria, News Digital Media, Harvey Norman, Jetstar and Vivas Lend Lease. They are one of the leading Web Development & Web Design firms and to learn more about their you can view their digital case studies.
Brisbane based Digicon delivers projects with a purpose – their project management, design and development aspects are focused on your business objectives. These goals are met through Digicon’s unique blend of user focus, strategy, information architecture, functional elements, usability, design and development.A successful internet, intranet or extranet development involves defining the development’s business purpose as well as the co-ordination of your organisation’s staff, and Digicon’s designers, developers and systems staff. Digicon delivers capably-managed projects underpinned by 5 years of ISO 9001:2000 quality accreditation and have a great approach to web design.